Canadian Wings :: The History & Heritage of the Royal Canadian Air Force


You can contact me using the form below:

Please check our Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to commonly asked questions.

Air Force Information

For more information on the Canadian Air Force:

External Website

How to Obtain a Personnel Record:

The Genealogy and Personnel Records unit of the National Archives of Canada manages personnel records. While World War I personnel records are open, most from World War II are closed. Those World War II records that are open are those of service personnel who were killed in action, or veterans who survived the war but whose files have become open (i.e., it has been 20 years since their death or 110 years since their birth).
To access open personnel records, you need to know the person’s full name and service (regimental) number. If the date of birth or death will help determine the person’s identity, you are also responsible for providing this information: