No. 7 Squadron
Formed as a General Purpose unit at Rockcliffe (Ottawa), Ontario on 29 January 1936 by amalgamating the Test Flight, General Purpose Flight and two photographic detachments then based at Rockcliffe, the squadron was reorganized on 1 February 1937 to consist of two flights: the Test Flight which service-tested new aircraft types for military operations and developed new techniques in aerial photography, and the General Purpose Flight for aerial communications work. On the outbreak of war, the squadron's personnel were required to bring other, more needed operational squadrons up to strength, and it was disbanded on 10 September 1939.
Re-formed as a Bomber Reconnaissance unit at Prince Rupert, British Columbia on 8 December 1941, the squadron flew Shark, Canso A and Catalina aircraft on West, coast anti-submarine duty until disbanded at Alliford Bay, British Columbia on 25 July 1945.
First Mission: December 15, 1941 Two Sharks 523 and 545 from Prince Rupert - anti-submarine patrol; returned early, adverse weather.
Last Mission: July 14, 1945 Canso A 11070 from Alliford Bay - anti-submarine patrol