No. 6 Squadron
Authorized as a Torpedo Bomber unit at Trenton, Ontario on 4 March 1936, the squadron commenced service training in November of that year. Starting with Vedette flying boats, it received Shark aircraft from England in January 1937, moved to Jericho Beach (Vancouver), British Columbia in November 1938, and concentrated on torpedo-dropping training. Mobilized on 10 September 1939, and redesignated Bomber Reconnaissance on 31 October, the squadron flew Shark, Stranraer, Catalina and Canso aircraft on West Coast anti-submarine duty until disbanded at Coal Harbour, British Columbia on 7 August 1945.
First Mission: September 11, 1939 - Shark 501 from Jericho Beach - patrol of the Strait of Georgia area.
Last Mission: August 1, 1945 - Catalina FP290 from Coal Harbour - patrol