No. 4 Squadron
Formed as a Flying Boat unit at Jericho Beach (Vancouver), British Columbia on 17 February 1933,1 the squadron was employed on civil government operations - preventive patrols against illegal immigration, fishery and forestry patrols, and some aerial photography. On 1 January 1938 it was redesignated General Reconnaissance and relieved of its civil work to begin service training. Mobilized on 10 September 1939, and redesignated Bomber Reconnaissance on 31 October, the squadron was engaged in West Coast anti-submarine duty until disbanded at Tofino, British Colmbia on 7 August 1945.
First Mission: Sept 12, 1939, Vancouver 906 from Jericho Beach - coastal patrol; returned early, trouble with port engine.
Last Mission: July 31, 1945, Canso A 11016 from Tofino - patrol; returned early, poor weather