No. 110 Squadron
City of Toronto
Authorized as No. 10 (Army Co-operation) Squadron (Auxiliary) at Toronto, Ontario on 5 October 1932, the unit commenced flying training in October 1934 when it received four Moth aircraft. Affiliation with Toronto was recognized on 15 April 1935 when the title "City of Toronto" was officially incorporated into its designation, and on 15 November 1937 the unit was renumbered No. 110 Squadron. Mobilized on 10 September 1939, it was assigned to the Canadian Active Service Force for overseas duty with the 1st Division; moved to Rockcliffe (Ottawa), Ontario, where it trained on Lysander aircraft; it left for England in February 1940. The unit anticipated early action, but with the fall of France it was relegated to further training. The squadron was renumbered No. 400 Squadron at Odiham, Hampshire on 1 March 1941.