No. 11 Squadron
Formed as a Bomber Reconnaissance unit at Rockcliffe (Ottawa), Ontario on 3 October 1939, the squadron flew Hudson and Liberator aircraft on East Coast anti-submarine duty until May 1945, when it was transferred to the West Coast. It was disbanded at Patricia Bay (Vancouver), British Columbia on 15 September 1945.
8 DFC's, 1 AFC, 1 DFM, 5 MiD's
First Mission 10 November 1939, Hudson 761 from Dartmouth with S/L A. Lewis and crew - naval co-operation height finding and sighting practice for the anti-aircraft guns. of HM Ships Repulse and Furious, and shore batteries at Halifax.
Last Mission 11 August 1945, Liberator 3715 "H" from Patricia Bay with F/O D.L. Craig and crew - anti-submarine sweep. (The squadron flew an additional 23 meteorological sorties, the last on 12 September 1945 by F/0 J.M. Clark and crew in Liberator 3730 "S".)